January 11, 2023 – Nepal Bankers’ Association (NBA) held its Special General Meeting. The SGM was called after the position of President was vacant as Mr. Anil Kumar Upadhyay’s tenure in his representative Bank (Agricultural Development Bank) ended on 2079/09/10.
The SGM unopposedly elected Mr. Sunil KC, Chief Executive Officer, NMB Bank Ltd. as the President of NBA. Prior to this, he was the Vice-President of NBA. Mr. KC has more than three decades of experience in the banking industry and has been working as the Chief Executive Officer of NMB Bank Ltd. since Falgun 2073.
The SGM also nominated Mr. Santosh Koirala, Chief Executive Officer, Machhapuchchhre Bank Ltd. for the vacant position of Vice-President.
Thereafter, the newly formed Executive Committee of the Association is as follows-
- Mr. Sunil KC, CEO, NMB Bank Ltd. – President
- Mr. Gyanendra Prasad Dhungana, CEO, Nabil Bank Ltd. – Immediate Past President
- Mr. Santosh Koirala, CEO, Machhapuchchhre Bank Ltd. – Vice-President
- Mr. Ajaya Bikram Shah, CEO, Laxmi Bank Ltd. – Member
- Mr. Dipak Kumar De, CEO, Nepal SBI Bank Ltd. – Member
- Mr. Krishna Bahadur Adhikari, CEO, Nepal Bank Ltd. – Member
- Mr. Roshan Kumar Neupane, CEO, NIC Asia Bank Ltd. – Member
- Mr. Sudesh Khaling, CEO, Everest Bank Ltd. – Member
- Mr. Suman Sharma, CEO, Sunrise Bank Ltd. – Member
- Mr. Ashoke SJB Rana, CEO, Himalayan Bank Ltd. – Advisor
The newly elected President KC expressed his gratitude to all for their support and trust. He assured that he would put all the dedication towards the further enhancement and success of banking sector. He also requested for everyone’s support, encouragement, assistance and suggestions in the forthcoming days.
In the program held after the SGM, the outgoing President of the Association, Mr. Anil Kumar Upadhyay, was felicitated a certificate of appreciation for his significant contribution to the entire banking sector and for leading the Association to new heights while serving in various positions. Mr. Upadhyay thanked all the fellow CEOs for their support during his tenure as the President and wished the new Executive Committee further success.