Kathmandu: Nepal Bankers’ Association participated in an event “Global Cyber Security Summit 2018” jointly organized by Information Security Response Team Nepal (NPCERT) and ICT Frame Magazine Pvt. Ltd. The objective of the event was to build global alliance for cyber resilience by bringing in contemporary issues of cyber security, mitigation strategies, and solutions with comprehensive cyber security infrastructure.
The major highlight of two day event (July 27-28, 2018) was –
- Presentation on cyber security research findings, innovations, best practices, and technical solutions.
- Networking with national and international business partners, employers, and clients.
- Opportunities for foreign security firms to enter into Nepal’s security market.
- Up to date knowledge on key security areas and emerging security issues in businesses as well as society.
- Insight into some of the major incidents of cyber attacks and their countermeasures.
- Skill transfer and capacity building in pre-summit workshops.
During the event, Mr. Subas Chandra Khanal, ISO, Laxmi Bank Ltd. and Mr. Sujit Shrestha, CISO, Standard Chartered Bank Nepal Ltd., on behalf of NBA, were speaker and panelist respectively.