16 November 2016 – Nepal Bankers’ Association held its 30th Annual General Meeting today which elected Mr. Anil Keshary Shah, CEO Mega Bank Ltd as its new President. Similarly, Mr. Gyanendra Dhungana, CEO Nepal Bangladesh Bank Ltd has been elected to the post of Vice-President.
The outgoing Presidnet Mr. Upendra Poudyal, CEO NMB Bank Ltd will continue to serve the Executive Committee as the Immediate Past President. Similarly, the previous IPP Mr. Rajan Singh Bhandari, CEO Citizens Bank International Ltd has been appointed as Advisor in the Executive Committee.
After the new appointments, the formation of the new Executive Committee is as below:
- Mr. Anil Keshary Shah, CEO Mega Bank Ltd. President
- Mr. Upendra Poudyal, CEO NMB Bank Ltd. Immediate Past President
- Mr. Kishore Maharjan, CEO Civil Bank Ltd. Vice-President
- Mr. Gyanendra Dhungana, CEO Nepal Bangladesh Bank Ltd. Vice-President
- Mr. Ashoke Sherchan, CEO Prabhu Bank Ltd. Member
- Mr. Bhuvan Kumar Dahal, CEO Sanima Bank Ltd. Member
- Mr. Jyoti Prakash Pandey, CEO Nepal Investment Bank Ltd. Member
- Mr. Lila Prakash Sitaula, CEO Agriculture Development Bank Ltd. Member
- Mr. Sudesh Khaling, CEO Laxmi Bank Ltd Member
- Mr. Rajan Singh Bhandari, CEO Citizens Bank International Ltd. Advisor
- Mr. Ashoke SJB Rana, CEO Himalayan Bank Ltd. Advisor
- Mr. Sashin Joshi, CEO Nabil Bank Ltd. Advisor
Also, the AGM felicitated Mr. Shambhu Prasad Poudyal, Chairman Nabil Bank Ltd with a momento to recognize his contribution towards the betterment and promotion of banking sector by being involved in the Board of the first private sector bank and also the first joint-venture commercial bank of Nepal.